Tuesday, May 16, 2006

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN ?? . . . armed with birdseed and a broom ??

Today was a little disquieting for me. I took my daily walk down around the pier and found no reassuring puddle by the lifeguard station. Richard had not made his daily appearance to care for his feathered friends. There were not many pigeons hanging around either which made me wonder if they knew somehow that he was going to be so late or maybe even miss a day. Of course I know that anyone can be thrown off schedule, even someone as regular and dependable as you, Richard. I hope that all is well with you, Richard, and that whatever it was that threw you off schedule was a small matter of no great consequence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arthur, thanks for your concern. I have not missed an appointment with the MB Pier birds. They were fed and watered today as always, but the routine has changed. A few days ago, a lifeguard said there had been complaints about the presence of the puddle of water, so now I give the birds about 15 minutes to take a drink, then pull the cork to let the water drain before I leave. It took almost six years before such a complaint was voiced to me, but I wish to get along with everyone, so for now this is how the daily feedings will take place. Thanks again.

Arthur Eades said...

Thanks, I'm reassured and I hope the change works out OK for your little friends.