Monday, March 04, 2013

Frank Gehry


Whoa: starriest starchitect Frank Gehry is designing a 22-story tower on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, according to plans submitted today. The Santa Monica Daily Press reports that the tower will house a 125-room hotel and 22 condos, plus two stories of retail and restaurants, and a three-floor subterranean parking garage with 460 spaces. But wait! There's more. A 36,000-square-foot art museum, incorporating two landmarked structures, is planned for next door. Finally, there are also plans for a separate apartment building on Second Street to meet the project's affordable housing requirement (and replace 19 rent-controlled units that would be lost to the development). The project is being developed by M. David Paul Associates--which owns the site--and the Worthe Real Estate Group. *The tower would not actually be taller than the 21-story building recently proposed for the Fairmont Miramar Hotel site--despite having one more story, it would come in about 18 feet shorter.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/02/frank_gehry_designing_hotel_tower_and_art_museum_for_samo.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was
looking on Digg for something else, Anyways I am here now
and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and
a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have
time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time
I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic b.



Here is my web blog ... exercise equipment