Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Paris 1931" by Scott Murray



Artist Statement

These hand painted block prints and works on canvas exemplify my most recent works. Inspired by my own personal visions, universal symbolism and the rock art of primitive peoples, I feel that I have found a bridge between the modern and the ancient worlds. Each piece tells a unique story and is a visual record of events both real and imagined.

Over the past sixteen years, I have had numerous solo and group shows in the Southwest and on both coasts of the United States. Recent success and appreciation for my work has enabled me to produce artwork on a full time basis and expand my creative horizons.

I reside in an off-the-grid solar community near Taos, New Mexico, an I am actively involved in charitable organizations serving humanity, the earth and the animals.

(for more of Scott's artwork, click on the link below)


No comments: