Saturday, March 11, 2006

A PIAF INSPIRATION



Yes, I know I did an extensive posting on Edith Piaf awhile back, but she is such an inspiration for me, I couldn't resist. This is her signature piece, translated from the original French, and the emotional impact is universal.

NO REGRETS by Edith Piaff

No! No Regrets
No! I will have no regrets
All these things
That went wrong
For at last I have learned to be strong

No! No regrets
No! Let there be no regrets
Why explain?
Why delay?
Don’t go away
Simply call it a day

Fleeting moments we knew
I will set them apart
Every word, every sigh
Will be burned in my heart

But no tears will be shed
There’ll be no one to blame
Let it always be said
We attempted what came

No! No regrets
No! We will have no regrets
As you leave, I can say
Love was king
If for only a day

Life still goes on
Dare even though love has gone
One last kiss, shrug and sigh
No regrets, even though it’s goodbye

No comments: