Sunday, July 24, 2005

THE SPEECH THAT'S WARRANTED THAT WILL NEVER BE MADE . . .

Have I made any mistakes? Yes, I started a terrible and completely unnecessary war. When we couldn't find any weapons of mass destruction, I then pretended the main mission was to spread democracy. I have not made us any safer. On the contrary, my actions have earned America the scorn of the world and created a vast new generation of terrorists. I regret putting over a million servicepeople in harm's way, with 1,700 dead and many thousands wounded so far. And as a Christian, I greatly mourn the continuing loss of innocent Iraqi lives, the total of which is several times greater than the number lost at the World Trade Center. In short, I am so very, very sorry. (written by Garry Trudeau for DOONESBURY)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arthur:
In his political commentary, the great cartoonist Garry Trudeau only becomes his own cartoon. He would recognize himself on page one of "SHUT UP & SING," by Laura Ingraham.